Friday, February 23, 2007

MY DUSHANBE DIGS

A few photos of my apartment. It's in a crummy-looking building that is on the outside a monument to Soviet drabness and on the inside a fine example of Tajik artistry. I'll have some outside photos later, along with some pix of my office and the area in general, so I can bore all you good readers later.

Enclosed parlor, off living room, with south-facing view.










Living room, from entry hall









Kitchen, from entry hall










Another view of living room, from entry hall








Kitchen, from breakfast "nook"










Entry hall from doorway, looking toward bath and den. Kitchen is to the right, living room to the left.






Living room from parlor. Bedroom is toward back left.









Somewhere in the bowels of my camera are photos of the bedroom and bathroom, which randomly decided not to transfer to my laptop. I'll try again tomorrow. I didn't take closeups, being an idiot, but there is original artwork on all the living room walls, done by Tajik artists of international repute; the carpets are Uzbek, Tajik and Afghan; and slip covers are Greek silk. Now, if it only had reasonable heat!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,
I love the apartment. It looks big enough to house the two "Eileens". I am jealous and I wish there was a way that Eileen and I could visit.
Keep the pictures coming.

Anonymous said...

i love the apartment . pretty cool. enjoyed all your comments. wish we were there with you. shalll i bring my wheelchair? love you. god bless.
mary

RAM said...

Did Grandma really say "pretty cool?"

Anonymous said...

Great Article! Thank You!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to author! I like articles like this, very interesting.

Anonymous said...

nice blog!

Anonymous said...

nice blog!Nice information

Anonymous said...

:-) ochen\' zaebatyj blog!

Anonymous said...

Thank You! Very interesting article. Do you can write anything else about it?

Anonymous said...

soglasen s vami ochen\' zaebatyj blog!

Anonymous said...

Interesting article. Write something else. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

ery interesting blog, you say. I agree with you!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I read this article! Big thanks to author, very interesting. Write more.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the great work. It very impressive. Enjoyed the visit!